Create Your Own Birth Experience
Many parents, both first-time and experienced, look to explore their birthing options and make the best choices they can to have the kind of birth they desire. It is often hard to know where to begin. Everyone has an opinion about what is best, and it can sometimes feel like even well-intentioned friends and family have their own agenda.
I offer a values clarifying and decision making session to help women and couples explore what they value most for their birth experience. Having worked as a midwife in the local Albany community since 1987, I also offer guidance about community professionals that fit your birth plan.
This session is designed to help women and their families consider the full range of options including:
- Review of medical / birth history to identify factors to be considered in birth planning
- Home birth / water birth / hospital birth / unassisted birth
- Midwifery model / Medical model
- Certified Professional Midwives / Certified Nurse Midwives
- Childbirth education options
- Doula care
- Hospital-based maternity options with a review of statistics, policies & protocols
- Techniques for interviewing potential maternity care providers (Midwives / Doctors)