Free Cancer Screening through Sage- Femme
Sage-femme Midwifery is a participating provider with the Albany County Cancer Screening Services Program and can provide Free Cancer Screenings. Women and men with little or no health insurance are eligible for free cancer screenings through the Cancer Services Program (formerly known as the Healthy Living Partnership). The program offers free breast, cervical and colorectal screenings, as well as prostate education.
- Women who are uninsured and 40 years of age or older can receive a free breast exam, Pap smear/pelvic exam and mammogram through Sage-Femme Midwifery.
- Men and women over age 50 are eligible for colorectal cancer screening with a FIT kit (fecal immunochemical kit). A free colonoscopy is available for those who have a family history of colon cancer, polyps, Crohn’s disease, inflammatory bowel disease or colitis.
- Screenings may be done at an earlier age if there is a family history of breast or colorectal cancer.
If further treatment is needed and the patient meets income and other criteria, treatment for their cancer will be paid by the Cancer Services Program. Please pass the word about this valuable program and call the office to schedule an appointment, (518) 813-9290.
Cancer Screening Questions?
We encourage you to reach out to our team with any questions you may have.
Many plans reimburse for homebirth services. We are able to assist you in determining if your insurance will cover the services we provide.
- Create Your Birth Experience
- Preconception Counseling
- Homebirth Care
- Hospital Birth
- Doula Care
- Primary & Well Woman Care
- Cancer Screening