The Midwives Model of Care
The Midwives Model of Care is based on the fact that pregnancy, labor, and birth are normal, healthy life processes. This model gives women the option of a natural birth instead of a hospital birth, and it offers a holistic approach to prenatal care and women’s health.
The Midwives Model of Care includes:
- Monitoring the physical, psychological and social well-being of the mother throughout the childbearing cycle;
- Providing the mother with individualized education, counseling, and prenatal care, continuous hands-on assistance during labor and delivery, and postpartum support;
- Minimizing technological interventions; and
- Identifying and referring women who require obstetrical attention.
The application of this woman-centered model of care has been proven to reduce the incidence of birth injury, trauma, and cesarean section. If you are interested in learning more, we encourage you to read The Midwives Model of Care™ Brochure.
Questions About Midwifery?
We encourage you to reach out to our team with any questions you may have.
Many plans reimburse for homebirth services. We are able to assist you in determining if your insurance will cover the services we provide.
- Create Your Birth Experience
- Preconception Counseling
- Homebirth Care
- Hospital Birth
- Doula Care
- Primary & Well Woman Care
- Cancer Screening